ColieCo proudly operates on an eco-centric basis.
This means that care for the environment is at the heart of our business decision-making and embedded in our business model.
Materials and sourcing
We use a range of environmentally-friendly materials in the production of our garments. These include:
- Naturally eco-friendly source materials, such as organic and bamboo cotton jersey fabrics
- Fabrics made from recycled materials, like the 100% RPET recycled polyester used in our PORTO range, which is made primarily from reconstituted plastic bottles
- Industry line ends and dead stock - material that large manufacturers and retailers were otherwise consigning to waste, like our power mesh and printed scuba jersey fabrics
- Laser printed fabrics, which compared with industrially-dyed fabrics create very little water waste, and
- Upcycled fabrics reclaimed from garments unsold by large retailers.
Where possible, we work with local manufacturers and suppliers to limit the transit of materials from source to the point of production.
Our production processes are designed and continually reviewed to minimise waste and energy consumption.
Our cutting processes are optimised to ensure minimal textile wastage, and all of our garments are handmade to order, ensuring that we are left with no end-of-line surplus stock.
Our studio, which is LED lit and naturally air-conditioned, is powered by 80% renewable energy.
Paper and packaging
We use only recycled paper and biodegradable and recyclable packaging.
Learn more about ColieCo.